Refunds and Athlete Transfer Policies
- A partial refund of your registration fee, minus the Run SignUp fee and USAT one-day fee, will be given up to July 1st, 2021 for requests made to the race director
- After July 1st, no refunds will be given
- If the race is cancelled due to COVID related concerns a full refund will be offered.
- If the swim is cancelled due to the presence of unsafe algae blooms, refunds will NOT be given.
- Athlete Transfers: Athlete Transfers will NOT be allowed under any circumstances
- Deferrals: Deferrals will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. This race format is special for 2021 only.
Following guidelines from NYS Parks and the Tompkins County Health Department we will follow these protocols:
- Number of participants and spectators at the park will remain well under the 500 limit. We will cap the adult race between 200 and 300 (depending on demand), and the kids’ race at 50. Adults will not be allowed to bring spectators, and each child will only be allowed two grown-ups/supporters. Anyone else who wishes to spectate will be strongly encouraged to volunteer.
- Each participant will have a 6ft x 6ft “square” in transition for their gear.
- Everyone will be required to wear masks while not racing and when 6ft of social distance is not possible, regardless of vaccine status. Athletes will be given a disposable mask to wear to the start line, and a commemorative buff to wear at the finish line.
- Athletes will not be required to wear masks once they have begun the race but will be responsible for respecting physical distance guidelines to the best of their ability.
- Athletes will be required to follow all NYS guidelines for social distancing with members not from their own household. For NYS guidelines, and especially travel restrictions from non-contiguous states, as well as the required travel notification form, please see here.
- Athletes will enter the water one at a time in a self-seeded time trial start spaced six seconds apart.
- There will be no aid stations on course. Athletes are encouraged to bring their own water/nutrition.
- Post-race food will be prepared by authorized kitchens at Wegmans and/or Cayuga Medical Center and will be packaged “to go.”
- There will be no awards, and all results will only be posted on-line. Athletes are encouraged to leave the park as soon as their race is finished.
Your age is the age you will be on December 31 the year of the race.
- Adult Race: 11 and older
- Kids’ Race: 6-11
Cayuga Lake Triathlon Wet Suit Policy
The Cayuga Lake Triathlon follows the USA Triathlon rule on wet suits which is stated below. The water temperature for Cayuga Lake in early August is usually in the low to mid 70 degrees Fahrenheit. The water temperature will be taken on race morning and an announcement will be made regarding wet suits.
USA Triathlon Rule 4.4: Wet Suits
Each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wet suit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees, but less than 84 degrees Fahrenheit, age group participants may wear a wet suit at their own discretion, provided however that participants who wear a wet suit within this temperature range shall not be eligible for prizes or awards. Age group participants shall not wear wet suits in water temperatures equal to or greater than 84 degrees Fahrenheit. The wetsuit policy for elite athletes shall be determined by the USAT Athletes Advisory Council.