Refunds and Athlete Transfer Policies
- A partial refund of your registration fee, minus the Run SignUp fee and USAT one-day fee, will be given up to July 1st, 2021 for requests made to the race director
- After July 1st, no refunds will be given
- If the race is cancelled due to COVID related concerns a full refund will be offered.
- If the swim is cancelled due to the presence of unsafe algae blooms, refunds will NOT be given.
- Athlete Transfers: Athlete Transfers will NOT be allowed under any circumstances
- Deferrals: Deferrals will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. This race format is special for 2021 only.
Following guidelines from NYS Parks and the Tompkins County Health Department we will follow these protocols (updated July 1st, 2021):
- Number of participants and spectators at the park will still remain low. We will cap the adult race between 200 and 300 (depending on demand), and the kids’ race at 50.
- Each participant will have a 6ft x 6ft “square” in transition for their gear.
- Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals when they cannot maintain 6ft of social distance.
- Athletes will enter the water two at a time in a self-seeded time trial start spaced six seconds apart.
- There will be no aid stations on course. Athletes are encouraged to bring their own water/nutrition.
Your age is the age you will be on December 31 the year of the race.
- Adult Race: 11 and older
- Kids’ Race: 6-11
Cayuga Lake Triathlon Wet Suit Policy
The Cayuga Lake Triathlon follows the USA Triathlon rule on wet suits which is stated below. The water temperature for Cayuga Lake in early August is usually in the low to mid 70 degrees Fahrenheit. The water temperature will be taken on race morning and an announcement will be made regarding wet suits.
USA Triathlon Rule 4.4: Wet Suits
Each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wet suit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees, but less than 84 degrees Fahrenheit, age group participants may wear a wet suit at their own discretion, provided however that participants who wear a wet suit within this temperature range shall not be eligible for prizes or awards. Age group participants shall not wear wet suits in water temperatures equal to or greater than 84 degrees Fahrenheit. The wetsuit policy for elite athletes shall be determined by the USAT Athletes Advisory Council.