Refunds and Athlete Transfer Policies
- A partial refund of your registration fee, minus $30, will be given up to June 30, 2019 for requests made to the race director
- After June 30th, no refunds will be given
- Athlete Transfers: Athlete Transfers will NOT be allowed under any circumstances
- Deferrals: Deferrals will be allowed at the discretion of the race director for a $30 fee
Your age is the age you will be on December 31 the year of the race.
- Intermediate Individual and Aquabike: 15 or older
- Intermediate Relay Team: 13 or older
- Sprint Individual: 12 or older
- Sprint Relay Team: 10 or older
- Youth: 11-14 who wish to compete individually in a shorter-than-sprint distance
Cayuga Lake Triathlon Wet Suit Policy
The Cayuga Lake Triathlon follows the USA Triathlon rule on wet suits which is stated below. The water temperature for Cayuga Lake in early August is usually in the low to mid 70 degrees Fahrenheit. The water temperature will be taken on race morning and an announcement will be made regarding wet suits.
USA Triathlon Rule 4.4: Wet Suits
Each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wet suit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees, but less than 84 degrees Fahrenheit, age group participants may wear a wet suit at their own discretion, provided however that participants who wear a wet suit within this temperature range shall not be eligible for prizes or awards. Age group participants shall not wear wet suits in water temperatures equal to or greater than 84 degrees Fahrenheit. The wetsuit policy for elite athletes shall be determined by the USAT Athletes Advisory Council.