Sunday, August 5 2018
16th Annual Cayuga Lake Triathlon
New in 2018: Kids Race!
Look forward to a race just for kids (ages 7-10) at the Cass Park pool and on the (closed) Waterfront Trail in Ithaca, NY on Saturday Aug. 4th at 8am.
Kids Triathlon Details …
Cayuga Lake Triathlon (CLT) is organized by the Ithaca Triathlon Club and is a USA Triathlon sanctioned event. The Finger Lakes Region of upstate New York is home to a number of world famous wineries. Taughannock Falls State Park, about 8 miles north of Ithaca, provides a picturesque setting for the whole family to enjoy the triathlon, along with public swimming, a playground, shaded picnic areas and hiking trails. Tent, RV and cabin camping is available, and the Park maintains a marina with a boat ramp for access to Cayuga Lake.
You’ll begin the race with a swim in one of the crown jewels of the region, the refreshingly cool waters of Cayuga Lake. You’ll bike along scenic rolling hills with spectacular lake views. You’ll finish with a run near the shore, through the shaded and magnificent gorge trail to Taughannock Falls, the highest water fall in the Northeast at 215 feet. Cross the finish line with cheering crowds and a bevy of volunteers ready to serve a variety of delightful treats. Race as an individual or on a relay team and see for yourself why Cayuga Lake Triathlon is one of the premier triathlons in central New York. It’s a very well organized race with fantastic volunteers and spectators, all within the heart of one of the most spectacular New York State parks.
- Distance Options
- INTERMEDIATE – 1,500 meter swim, 24.3 mile bike, 10K run
- SPRINT – 750 meter swim, 14 mile bike, 5K run
- YOUTH – 200 meter swim, 9 mile bike, 1.5 mile run
- KIDS’ – 50-100 meter swim, 3-5 kilometer bike, 1 kilometer run
- Course descriptions and schedule
- The Race – Fees, time restrictions, relay teams, entry caps, refunds and transfers
- Rules & Policies – Refunds and transfers, age restrictions, USAT rules, wet suits
- Registration – Register online or by mail
Questions? Feel free to contact the race director, Alex Kleinerman. Good luck training and we’ll see you in August!
|One Million Revolutions